It’s been a while since I did an updated Q&A for you all. There are 35 questions in this post and they took forever to finish! A lot of them are questions I get asked from readers or people in general, while others are random questions I thought might be of interest. Hopefully you enjoy them! If you do have any questions for me, just leave a comment on this Q&A post below and I will answer them as well! You can also read all of my other Q&A’s by clicking here.
1) If you could be a different nationality, what would you be? I would probably most like to be Italian. After visiting Italy in June, I fell in love with the people and the culture. Everyone was friendly and welcoming and so laid back. I like Italians.
2) What’s your favourite country? Again, this would probably be Italy. I loved it and it reminded me a lot of my own city of Bath. My city here is an old Roman city and it has a lot of Italian characteristics to it, so I would say Italy. I have always loved the idea of visiting Australia though, it looks amazing there! And of course Los Angeles, but that’s not a country.
3) Do you read other blogs? If so, which ones? I do. I read other peoples fashion blogs on a daily or weekly basis. My top 4 that I check every single day would be Cupcakes and Cashmere, Mariannan, Song of Style and The Blonde Salad. But the ones I check on a weekly basis would be Atlantic Pacific, Peace Love Shea, Late Afternoon and Viva Luxury. I’m definitely a big fan of other personal style, life and fashion blogs!
4) You look so young, I can’t believe you are 25! What’s your secret? You also look a lot like Taylor Swift by the way. Lol, I actually get this near enough every day. Sometimes someone will ask me why I’m not at school (I left 10 years ago… ha ha) or I will get asked for ID, especially if I’m not wearing my make up. I don’t have any type of magic potion, but I genuinely look after myself. Those of you who read my blog a lot will know that I don’t drink alcohol at all, never have, I don’t smoke, I don’t do anything bad like that. I drink a lot of water, it’s pretty much the only liquid I do drink other than fresh fruit smoothies and I try to make sure I get as much sleep as I can each night. One of my main things though is that I never leave the house without sun cream on. Luckily it’s in my face products and my make up so it’s easy for me to never forget that. Sun damage is such a premature aging magnet! I will be posting a blog post soon on my skincare and make-up regime though! I would say I have good genes too! Oh and the Taylor Swift comment, I actually get that all the time, I think it’s maybe been said over 30 times now. I personally don’t see it myself, but I’m more than willing to take it as a compliment as Taylor is beautiful. So thank you!
5) Why don’t you drink? Personal choice. I’m not a fan of the way alcohol changes peoples behaviour and makes them do stupid things, get angry, get silly etc, it’s not something I’ve ever thought was good. Plus, since I take care of my health, I’m not the type of person to want to poison my liver and blood. Sounds extreme I know, but it’s who I am. I don’t feel the need to drink alcohol to enjoy myself or do fun things, I think I’m incredibly strong mentally these days so I manage a lot of things myself.
6) What do you like to do in your free time? I would say I’m actually a pretty boring person. I like to stay home, watch movies or TV shows, blog, play with my cats etc or sometimes go to the cinema, shopping or to the park, that type of thing. I’m not really into parties and nights out. I attend them if I need to, but they aren’t my first choice. Told you I was boring, ha ha. I used to write songs, sing and play guitar as well as do art, but I don’t actually have a lot of spare time anymore.
7) Do you have a boyfriend? I do. I’ve posted a few photos of him here and there on my blog, but he’s quite camera shy and doesn’t really like it. He’s actually the one who takes all of my outfit pictures for me, so he prefers to be behind the camera than in front of it. We have been together 5 and a half years now. He’s 7 years older than I am and lives in Birmingham, so we have a long distance relationship. He’s amazing 🙂
8) What size jeans do you wear and do you sell your old pairs? I’m a size 27 on average, but sometimes I fit a size 26 if they run bigger or a 28 if they run smaller. It’s brand dependent, but generally a size 27. I do sell my older pairs or pairs that I don’t wear, mostly on eBay, but you can find that up the top in my menu under ‘shop’.
9) Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? This is always a tough question, I actually have no idea. I mean my dream would be for my blogs to be even more successful and to turn them into a full time job, or to have more collaborations with brands and write for a magazine. That kind of thing. I never know though because life always takes unexpected turns. If you had asked me the same question 5 years ago, I wouldn’t have said blogging. It was unexpected that I got into this line of work, so I guess I am always interested in seeing where life takes me.
10) Do you have any favourite memories? I tend to forget a lot of things, but I do have quite a few memories. The ones I remember the most are from childhood, when I used to stay outside from morning to night in the summer holidays, playing with friends, building dens, going on long walks, riding bikes etc, those were always really fun times. More recently my memories of being in Italy in June are ones I wont forget. The travelling part I would like to forget lol, but actually being in Italy was amazing. Of course I have some favourite memories with my boyfriend too, like when we first met, one of our first Valentines Day dates, our anniversary trip to Cardiff Castle etc. I have lots! Generally they are all normal things though, nothing too extravagant.
11) How would you say you have grown as a person as you got older? Have you changed? Absolutely. I think everyone changes as they get older. Especially when you are younger, one minute I wanted to be a vet, then a princess, then a singer, an actress, a designer, everything. My teenage years I was going through all sorts of phases, I was quite gothic for a while and then I was really grungy and tom boy, then I changed again and again. I think it’s all about finding yourself. As cliche as that might sound, I think everyone does it. You are always growing as a person and you always learn from everything you do. I think I found who I am and was happy with it when I was about 18, but I’ve learned even more from then and I would say now I am even stronger and more wise than I ever was then, but I will look back in a few years from now and probably think the same again. Life has definitely taught me to not be so trusting, be cautious, be tough and strong and have thick skin, but most importantly to never forget what’s important to you like family and friends. You really know who your friends are when you get older. When you are a kid you can make friends in seconds in the playground, but as you get older and you grow into who you are, it becomes harder unless you share the same views.
12) What’s your biggest accomplishments? This is always a harder subject for me to answer because it’s not the usual things people would think, it’s littler things. I haven’t been very vocal on my blog at all about problems I have had and been through as I like to keep it in a positive light so it doesn’t bring people down at all, but my biggest accomplishments are getting better in myself, mentally and physically, from the tough times I went through quite a while ago. There were a lot of issues I was going through health wise which led to not being very stable mentally for a good while. I developed social phobia, panic attacks, anxiety, depression and more, so over coming all of those things has been the biggest accomplishments to date. The fact I travelled all the way to Italy via train a few months ago was something I never ever thought I would be able to do, but I did, so it proves to me just how far I have come. Of course I have had plenty of help from friends and family, but when I stop and think about things, I am very proud of myself.
13) What are your favourite books? I have maybe 2 favourite series of books and those are the Twilight series and Harry Potter. Best books I have ever read! I did read the 50 shades trilogy and they were ok, not so much the first book, that one creeped me out a lot, but I quite liked two and three. When I was a bit younger I loved the Princess Diaries though! Mostly anything by Meg Cabot too, I think she’s a great author. When I started to read properly as a young teenager, Jacqueline Wilson was my favourite author.
14) Do you have any interests that you don’t share with us on the blog? Yeah, I do. I love cooking shows! I really like watching Barefoot Contessa, Gordan Ramsay or the Italian chef Gino D’Acampo. I really like Gino! I love the baking shows too and learning about foods, especially Italian foods, but the reason I don’t share it on my blog is because I can’t cook. I just tend to watch the shows instead of try to make the foods. I’m really not good at cooking at all, so I don’t often put recipes into action.
15) Is there anything that you have done that you regret? There’s always moments that I look back on in my life and cringe or wonder what might have happened if I did them differently, however I don’t regret them. I try to never regret any decisions I made as usually they were the correct ones at that point in my life. I’m a huge over thinker and often think of many possible outcomes before doing or saying something and often process it all before actually taking that action, so it’s quite helpful to me in a way that I make sure I do the right thing. But I would say to most people, generally don’t regret your actions and choices as they lead you to where you are today. If you did one thing differently, your whole life could have taken a different path.
16) Do you believe in love at first sight? I don’t. I believe in lust at first sight, but the whole love at first sight isn’t for me. It takes such a long time to get to know somebody, years even, and then you still don’t fully know them. Love is an extremely loaded and powerful word to me, and I think in order to love someone truly then you have to properly know them, who they are, their thoughts etc. I suppose it’s not very romantic, but I’m that type of girl that believes in being with someone forever and I don’t believe you can fall in love with someone just from seeing them one time. Not proper love anyway.
17) Do you believe in karma? Absolutely! I’m a huge believer if you put good out there, good comes back to you. I have a huge conscience and I can’t even lie to anyone, even about the smallest things, as I feel awful, so I always tell the truth and am honest. I don’t do good things to get good things in return though, I genuinely do them because I feel a need to. I will always smile at people, hold a door if I need to, help someone with something and all the time help animals if they need helping, but I think karma is more about reactions of actions. If you are nice to someone and helpful, 9 times out of 10 they will be the same back to you and it just sets a nicer mood for people to carry their day out with. I do know that if you do bad things though, eventually it comes around and bites your butt!
18) How many piercings do you have? Only one, well two, I have both of my ears pierced at the lobes. I actually had them done when I was 12 or 13, but I react to earrings which are not real silver or gold, so I ended up getting infections and the holes closed over. I had them re-pierced when I was about 16 or 17 and they have been fine since. I’ve often toyed with the idea of my belly button being pierced, but I don’t think it’s for me. I don’t like to show my stomach much as I’m not very confident with it, so it wouldn’t be worth it.
19) If you were a super hero, what powers would you have? I always love this question! I can never choose between the powers of flying or teleportation though. I love the idea of flying, that would be incredible to do that, but I think teleporting myself anywhere I wanted (in one piece though without my cells being broken down into millions and re-formed) would be so useful! I dislike travelling, so it would be so useful!
20) What type of holidays do you like? I don’t like to sit on the beach and sunbathe at all, I get bored really quickly, so my type of holidays are ones where you get to see everything. I like to take in the culture and surroundings and see landmarks. I don’t like the idea of going all the way to another country to sit on a beach or a resort, you can be seeing so much more, things you didn’t think you would ever see and can’t see in your home country.
21) Do you like TV programmes? Of course 🙂 There are quite a few that I absolutely love! Friends, Drop Dead Diva, Stella, Trollied, Starlings, Made in Chelsea and most recently Big Bang Theory (which is hilarious) or Doctor Who. These I could watch often! I also like watching some of the older ones like Good Night Sweetheart, Only Fools and Horses or generally easy going things. I also like watching documentaries on super natural things and medical shows. That sounds like I’m addicted to the TV, but I’m actually not. I don’t get to watch it that often.
22) What talents do you have? I don’t think I have that many talents at all. I can sing, not amazingly well, but I can and I’m quite good at poems or song writing, but I don’t know if you count that as a talent. I’m quite good at copying voices though, if I hear accents, I can pick them up really quickly. But again, I’m not so sure this counts as a talent lol.
23) How do you sleep and how many pillows do you sleep with? I sleep on my side, usually my left with my legs curled up a bit. I like being higher up as well, so I actually have 4 pillows. I don’t like being anywhere near a horizontal position, it’s uncomfortable to me. I’m so fussy about that. I am such a light sleeper, anything wakes me up.
24) If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? I always like to try and live by the rule that you should like yourself no matter what, but there are a couple of things I would like to change. I would like my legs to be even just an inch longer, preferable 2 inches though, as I have such short legs in comparison to my torso length. The tops of my arms are bigger than I would like them to be as well, I would like slimmer arms up there, but I think it’s genetic as I have big biceps when I tense unfortunately. The last one would be my skin on my face, even though I look after it and it’s healthy, it has quite a lot of scars on it, which I’m sure you may have noticed here and there in my photos, so if I could, I would remove those. I never like to encourage people to change things about themselves or dislike things either because every one of the little quirks are what make you individual, but I know we all have body hang ups.
25) Are you a good judge of character? Yeah, I am. I kind of feel like I’m a bit feline in that respect. I sense somebody’s character and persona pretty much as soon as I see them or speak to them. I can usually tell if they have good or bad intentions and it’s quite helpful.
26) Do you have any allergies? I am allergic to cornflour. It’s a bit of a weird allergy to have, and it’s also an annoying one since they put it in most foods as it’s a thickening agent. It makes me really really ill though, it’s awful. I’m also allergic to an acid in certain tablets, that gives me hives and I’m lactose intolerant. Mainly to milk, cream and cheese as I can tolerate small amounts of chocolate. I don’t like dairy much anyway, I don’t like the taste of cheese, milk, cream or ice cream at all, so that’s not too much of a problem.
27) What’s your favourite gift from a brand or person? It’s a bit of a weird one, but you know the Equa glass bottle that I got in July? That would probably be the most useful gift I have received from a brand as I use it all the time! Also my KeySocks, those are amazing! If we aren’t talking about practicality though, I would say maybe my Koral Merlot skinny jeans as I live in those! And if we are going with a gift from someone, I have had many in my life time that I have loved and adored, but I would say the two rings I wear all the time. One from Tiffany from my boyfriend and the other from H. Samuel from my mum. I’ve had the one from my mum for 8 years or more and the one from my boyfriend for 5 years. I never take them off unless I have to.
28) Have you accidentally injured someone? I have, a few times, and felt absolutely awful about it. One time I remember was when I was younger, my cousin and I were playing by the stream, there was a rope swing in the tree, but it was stuck around a branch, so I threw a heavy stick up to try and get it down, but it actually hit her on the head and made her bleed. That was terrible. She was fine though! Other smaller things are like knocking into someone and them hurting themselves, but thankfully most things are minor.
29) Have you ever sleepwalked? I used to sleep walk all the time as a child. For a good few years I would do it often. I used to get out of bed and go up and down the stairs, wander around the house and have no clue I was doing it. It’s a crazy thing.
30) Are you scared of spiders? Not at all, I actually really like spiders. I find them to be fascinating. I’m not a fan of having the huge ones on me without my permission, but I just calmly move them, put them in a glass and put them outside.
31) What’s your favourite feature on the opposite sex? It’s a different one, but hands I would say. I like nice hands, especially since hands are used constantly in daily life, they have to look good to me. This would closely be followed by the eyes. It may sound cliche, but eyes definitely are the window to the soul, but not in the romantic way, I mean you can see a lot about a person and more just from looking in their eyes. Of course a six pack and muscles help too, ha ha, but what girl says no to those?!
32) Who’s your favourite Superhero? Does Captain America count? I love Captain America! Not just the movie or the outfit lol, but the fact that he’s kind natured and lovely. I do think Iron Man is awesome though!
33) Which of the 5 senses would you say is your strongest? It’s a hard choice between my hearing and sense of smell. I’m sure you have read before on my Q&A that I have heightened senses, so I am very sensitive to smells and sounds, but also tastes and I have really good eyesight. All of these can be somewhat of a pain in the butt as well as a blessing though. I would say my strongest might be my sense of smell, but it’s very very closely followed by hearing. They are quite level.
34) Who is or was your celeb crush? Gosh, I have had so many growing up! I used to have huge crushes on boy band members from Boyzone, 5ive, S Club 7 and A1, then I had a crush on Adam Rickitt, then Gareth Gates for ages lol, Thierry Henry, Oliver James, Sean Patrick Thomas… There’s a huge huge list from my teens. Most of which I have forgotten though, but I was a typical teenage girl. The main crushes I had as I got older though were Zac Efron, Daniel Radcliffe and Channing Tatum. I still think Zac and Channing are very pretty in their looks, but in terms of crushes, I don’t really have any anymore.
35) Are you afraid of anything? I’ve mentioned before that I’m afraid of sharks, I feel really scared if I see a photo of a great white shark, especially the mouth. They terrify me, but my biggest phobia, which is so bad that I pass out and throw up from it, is needles. I’m so phobic of them, typing about it is hard to do, so I will leave that there before I get nauseous and faint.