It’s been a little while since I gave you a life update and filled you in on the things that have been going on, so I thought I would take some time out from my usual schedule and write this post. The last personal post I wrote was on my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Life Hacks and I am pleased to report that it’s been one of my most viewed articles every day, and has been shared by the EDS community since it went live, having amassed over 8,500 views in 2 months, which I am so pleased about. I genuinely hope it’s helping some of you with symptoms, and thank you so much for the support.
• So, where am I at? I started my physiotherapy sessions a couple of weeks ago and have been to two sessions so far, as well as doing at home exercises. I was extremely nervous at first and deeply concerned about exercising due to such bad experiences in the past with the chronic fatigue, but as I’m working with an experienced trainer for hypermobility, the exercises I am doing are strengthening ones which are targeting specific joints, so the hope is that over the months my muscles will start getting stronger and keep my joints from subluxing and causing pain. I’m getting on with it ok, but it’s really tough, I wont lie, and some of the exercises are quite difficult, but it’s all new to me and I’m still learning, but so far so good. I’m determined to help myself in every way possible.
• My eating hasn’t been so good either lately, but the last week I have been sticking to healthy food again. I am still completely gluten free as I have to be, but when I say it hasn’t been good, I mean I’ve been craving a lot of chocolate and as I started doing homemade gluten free baking, the cakes have been hard to resist too, but I’m since back on the bandwagon of eating at least 6 vegetables a day and I’m feeling a lot better already, so I’m hoping that combined with my physiotherapy will be a great combination as my body is not its best at the moment.
• You might have also noticed that since my birthday (6 weeks ago) I’ve been on a shopping ban pretty much. I spent way too much before, so I’ve been keeping everything else on a wish list and haven’t purchased a single thing, until Friday when I got a couple of new bras from Victoria Secret. In my defense, I hadn’t bought a new one in 18 months which was shocking, so it was much needed! Other than that, there’s nothing new to report, but I’m hoping to pick up a couple new things soon for Autumn as I can’t go an Autumn season without some new coats/jumpers – it’s impossible! Of course this will go on my IG stories when I do, for your opinions!
• Speaking of Autumn though, I am genuinely looking forward to it. After the looooong Summer, I’m ready for cosy jumpers, over the knee boots, lots of denim, cute hats, the orange hue of the leaves, hot chocolate, movie nights… It’s my favourite season and I can’t wait! Who else loves it as much as I do? It’s the best season there is in my opinion. As soon as I start smelling that crisp cold air, I’m excited and start coming to life (if you remember this blog post from before).
• I am also getting a tattoo at some point. I’ve been figuring out where I want the placement as it’s a toss up between three different locations, and narrowing down what I wanted as well has been the toughest of them all because I have so many ideas. I’m excited, but nervous, and it will only be small, so I will keep you all informed on that one and can’t wait to share it when I get it!
• Finally, this is actually a big one and it’s coming soon in a separate post, but I have a huge announcement to tell you at the end of this month on the 30th, and it’s going to mean some changes and somewhat of an exciting new adventure I guess, but scary at the same time. I’ve re-read that and it sounds like I am pregnant – I am not. It’s something else, but it requires quite a dedicated blog post, so definitely check back on the 30th as it’s something you will want to know.
Anyway, I hope you’re all well and thank you as always for reading. Lorna xx.