Would Your Life Movie Go Straight To DVD?
I saw this question pop up on an advert on TV and it was one of the few that actually got me thinking. Usually I’m not so interested in adverts and want them to be over so I can carry on with my show, but this one really triggered a thought process for me. It got me wondering if a movie about my life would go straight to DVD or if it deserved a cinema release. What would you say about yours? I wouldn’t know what genre to put mine in as I have been through a lot in my 25 years on this earth, ranging from the lows of depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, phobias, health issues and pain right up to the highs of feeling happy, experiencing new things, having love, feeling a sense of achievement and worth and everything else in-between.
I wouldn’t say I have had a very exciting life at all though as I find comfort in my routines and normality. I’m often afraid to take risks as my worries and anxiety often get the better of me and prevent me from doing things, but it’s something I have been working on for ages. I would say that there are only a few rarer occasions that I’m able to push myself and do something I really want to at the moment. Like in June when I travelled by train all the way to Italy from my home town of Bath here in England. The travelling was a nightmare and somewhat of an awful experience, but I still did it and I am proud of myself when I don’t let my anxiety get in my way.
The main thing it got me thinking about though was the things I want to achieve in my life. I have been much too afraid to attempt some of my dreams, but a lot of the time now I am fed up with not living my life the way I want to because I’m putting a mental block on myself. I am in a much better place mentally and physically now so I am trying to change my thought processes around. Anyway, I thought I would make a list of my dreams and the things I want to do in life as I need to make it more interesting and fun.
8 Dreams I Want To Achieve
– Go to Disneyland Paris. This has been a dream of mine since I was little. I can either go by train, but it would mean staying over in London for a night before catching the early direct train to Disneyland, or I can fly there. My boyfriend and I have been thinking about going though, I would love to around Christmas time to see the pretty lights, but it is really expensive! Have you been to Disneyland before?
– Fly on a plane. I recently went to the doctor and he said that I would be able to fly if I took a course of medication for 6 weeks before the flight and only went on a short flight, however I am still petrified of getting on a plane. It’s a fear I have so much, not just from crashing and dying, but because of being stuck somewhere I can’t get out of if I need to and being cramped with random people I don’t know, as well as the experience of actually being in the air. It’s something I am working on at the moment. I am thinking of flying to Edinburgh or Paris, just a mini short trip to get used to it, but I’m scared about that too. Are any of you scared of flying? Or were you scared of it and aren’t now? I feel like it’s something I need to do in order to go to places that I want to go to. It’s going to be an incredibly frightening experience and one I am going to have to push myself to do, but I think I really need to do it.
– Go on holiday. I am always working on blogs and doing so many other things that I never think about going on a proper holiday. Unlike Disneyland, I mean a holiday which would be relaxing, a time to unwind and find myself a bit more. Somewhere stress free and beautiful. I’m always worried about this though as I am somewhat of a workaholic.
– Get Engaged and Married. This has been almost every girls dream since they were little, but I’m not that type of girl who is obsessed with marriage and wanting a huge white wedding. Granted I did think I was going to marry Prince Harry and be a princess when I was little, but now I like marriage purely because it symbolises your love for one another. I’ve always loved the idea of being proposed to and getting engaged though. There’s a particular ring I have been in love with since I was 14 and have always wanted. I only believe in it if it’s right though and you truly know one another. In terms of this being one of my goals, I don’t mean it for the immediate future, but mainly for when I am in my 30’s, I would like to get married and have a small little wedding then, nothing too flash!
– See the Aurora Borealis lights. This has always been a dream of mine too. I’m not sure if it’s one that can actually come true, but I would like to think that it possibly could. The idea of amazing rainbows in the sky just fascinates me. You know I already love space and how everything works in the world is amazing, so seeing the Aurora Borealis lights would be such an incredible, yet surreal dream!
– Walk the Red Carpet. This is probably something else that wont ever happen, but it would be one of the most incredible dreams of mine to walk the carpet. I would be happy with it being just a little movie premiere, as long as I got to walk it. I was invited to be on the red carpet once at the Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles, but I was given 2 days notice and never even had a passport, so it didn’t work out. I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed though, one day! Ha ha.
– Go to Los Angeles. I am hoping that once I learn to fly, I might be able to make the 10 hour trip to Los Angeles, particularly Hollywood, at least once in my life. Again it’s always been a dream to go to LA and a lot of my online friends as well as people I work with on a daily basis are from LA. Not to mention over the past few years it’s become the home of premium denim! It’s definitely one of the places I want to go though. It would just be a dream come true!
– Be in a Movie. I put this one last as it’s probably the most unrealistic dream of mine. When I was younger I applied to be an extra in two movies, one of them had the go ahead, but the filming got cancelled so I couldn’t be in the movie. I have filmed a college project for one of my friends many years ago too, which won her an award, but I have always wanted to be in a movie. It’s something that would have to happen in the future though when I had gained confidence as I’m not entirely sure I would be able to be 100% comfortable on camera at this point in my life.
Of course I have other dreams I would love to achieve, like more collaborations with brands, getting to design my own clothes, being featured in amazing magazines etc, but I didn’t think they should be ones that I included in my list. I would love to know your thoughts on this subject though! What are some of your dreams that you would like to achieve? I would love to know!
Written by Lorna Burford – Some images courtesy of Google Images.